The EDIH network is supported by the Digital Transformation Accelerator (DTA) which, together with the European Commission, is providing opportunities for interaction and collaboration between EDIHs, SMEs and the public sector.
An overarching goal of the EDIH network is to support the achievement of the EU’s Digital Decade 2030 targets by:
- Accelerating the digital transformation of the private and public sector across the European Union by driving the uptake of advanced digital technologies – target to transform 75% of EU companies into Cloud/AI/Big Data users;
- Ensuring that 90% of SMEs in the EU have at least a basic level of digital maturity;
- Creating new European value chains.
The Digital Transformation Accelerator manages the network and facilitates interaction between EDIHs, enterprises and national, regional and local policymakers.
The objectives of the DTA are to:
- Support the creation, development and growth of the world-class pan-European DIH network;
- Facilitate collaboration between European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIHs);
- Build up the (digital) capacity of EDIHs through training sessions;
- Provide guidance and advisory services.
The DTA is managed by a consortium of CARSA, Steinbeis Europa Zentrum, Netcompany-Intrasoft and Cecoforma.