Oceanopolis accelerates the digital transformation of SMEs and the public sector for sustainable businesses, coastal regions and oceans. Specifically, we help SMEs increase sales, reduce costs, gain reputation and reduce the climate footprint through capacity building and application of digital tools and solutions for the primary value chain activities and technological development.
Norway as an ocean tech nation is at the core of our hub, but we do more than “deeptech ocean”. Our scope reach from sustainable and smart cities and coastal communities to the blue economy with its shore-based supply industry. Concretely we cover the following sectors:
- Energy & offshore renewables
- Fisheries & aquaculture
- Mechanical industry
- Building & construction industry
- Transport & logistics, including smart ports
- Marine & coastal tourism
- Ocean & coastal management
We offer the users of our hub access to four core services:
- Oceanopolis Networking Arenas at regional and national level for inspiration and B2B networking;
- Oceanopolis Academy offering practical courses and training for knowledge building and digital management capacity building;
- Oceanopolis Digital Accelerator for single businesses and business networks in need of advancing business challenges through a structured journey with inspiration, discoveries, action planning & capacity building, business development coaching and Test Before Invest;
- Oceanopolis Capital supporting access to soft funding, seed capital & venture capital.
The Digital Accelerator works with a wide range of digital technologies, tools and data spaces within its test infrastructures integral to the Test Before Invest, including:
- AI, Data & Robotics
- Additive manufacturing with customized materials
- IOT & sensors
- Artificial vision
- Aerial drones
- Underwater drones (ROVs & AUVs)
- Tools for modelling, simulations & digital twins
A highly competent multidisciplinary team operates the hub with outreach to the national digital ecosystem. It stretches along the Norwegian coastline, collaborates with all major industry clusters and networks offering access to thousands of companies, business incubators and TTOs, private capital, academia, test infrastructures & catapults, regional authorities, municipalities and other public sector actors.
We welcome hearing from you.
Contractual contact information
Operational contact information